The exciting start of the journey: Call for a change
On the 5th of June 2015, the international Tunisian business leaders and industry experts called on government to implement immediate reforms. The meeting took place in Vienna, Austria, with the theme: “Tunisia 21st Century Sustainable Development Imperatives”. The aim was to discuss the Tunisian government’s challenges to implement economic reforms, attracting foreign direct investment and spurring sustainable economic growth. The forum participants included over 100 Tunisians and international experts from government, business and civil society. The group addressed issues and offered proposals for consideration. This outstanding group gathered their ideas and shared rich local and international experience and global overview into discussing Tunisia’s urgent needs in various fields such as: National security, Education, Healthcare, the Energy sector and Economy. The group put their time and efforts together to generate a sustainable document that was sent to the attention of the three Tunisia Heads of State in July 2015.
When ideas are translated into projects and executed, dreams come true!
Driven by the need for making a better world to future generations in Tunisia, the team didn’t give up. It was clear for all of them that Tunisia has major challenges of leadership with the absence of a clear vision of the future. In May 2016, more than twenty Tunisian talents resident in Tunisia, USA, Europe and UAE, had a two-day retreat in Korba – Tunisia. They reached full alignment on the core values, vision, mission, strategy and objectives of the Tunisian Talents Association. They decided to found the association “Tunisian talents united (TTU)”.
The idea is to gather diverse backgrounds, leadership styles, and experience journeys to create a powerhouse to incubate, support and groom future leaders. The founding members of TTU created the association with the aim to identify, attract, develop and coach Tunisia’s greatest young talents and potential future leaders from
various sectors. We will bring together local and international Tunisian professionals from across the globe to share their experience, know-how and guidance across a series of forums, workshops and engagement platforms, which will inspire and steer the next generation of future leaders. In October 2016 TTU Association has been legally and officially created, JORT 11th October 2016. A public announcement, through a press release, has been issued in early December 2016.
- Mohamed Abdelkader: Former Managing Director of Sonatrach, ETAP JV, Numyd, Tunis Tunisia
- Salha Amara: Former Executive VP at Orange France, Tunis Tunisia
- Aida Araissi: Founding Director at the Bilateral US-Arab Chamber of Commerce, TEACH Fellowship, Insight to Africa, Houston USA
- Ahmed Bassalah: Former Country Chair and Managing Director at Shell, Tunis Tunisia
- Ridha Bellamine: Managing Director, Sales & Services, Middle East Industrial Scientific, Abu Dhabi UAE
- Sarra Ben Ammar: Petroleum Geoscience Engineer, Tunis Tunisia
- Raouf Bouchamaoui: Managing Director at Bouchamaoui Industries, Tunis Tunisia
- Belgacem Chariag: Chairman, President and CEO at PQ Group Holdings, Houston USA
- Fethi Ben Grira: CEO at Mena Corp Financial Services LLC, Dubai UAE
- Kawther Chatti: Professor at Tunis University, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Tarek Chkhioua: Advisor at ETAP, Tunis Tunisia
- Mohamed Lamine Dhaoui: Former Director, Business Investments and Technology Services Branch, UNIDO, Vienna Austria
- Nabil Felah: Strategic communication advisor at Sens critic, Marseille France
- Anis Ghamgui: Managing Director at the Natixis Global Asset Management, Dubai UAE
- Hosni Ghedira: Director at the Research Center for Renewable Energy Mapping and Assessment at the Masdar Institute, Abu Dhabi UAE
- Mongi Goaied: Secretary General and Founder of the Tunisian-Dutch Chamber of Commerce and Industries and former Commercial Communication Manager at Total Tunisia, Tunis Tunisia
- Abdessalem Loued: CEO at Huilerie Loued, Agro business expert Tunis Tunisia
- Mohamed Rezgui: Director, Facilities Programs & Quality Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi UAE
- Bouthaina Tlili: Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology Dubai UAE
- Chadli Triki: General Manager SEAM- Tunis, Tunisia
- Nejib Zaafrani: Former CEO and Secretary General of the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy, Former Chairman and Managing Director Shell Abu Dhabi UAE